The latest South Gloucestershire Economic Briefing is now available
The latest South Gloucestershire Economic Briefing is now available on the council website. Key findings include:
- 79.4% of the working age population are in employment, higher than the national rate of 75.1%
- The official unemployment rate is 3.6%, considerably lower than the national rate of 4.4%
- The median annual earnings for residents working full-time is £30,236, higher than the national average (£29,085)
- The median house price is £255,000 which is considerably higher than the England average (£230,000)
- Just under 5,000 children (10.1% of those under 16 years of age) live in low-income families – considerably lower than the national average (16.8%)
- In 2017, 40.8% of South Gloucestershire’s working aged residents had achieved the equivalent of NVQ Level 4 or above – the highest rate ever recorded
- In April 2018, 127 new small businesses started up in the district.
Locate to Emersons Green
An excellent new enterprise area that provides the environment, space, flexibility and support for science, research and innovation businesses to locate, flourish, grow.
Locate to Filton
A world-class area rich in aerospace technology, manufacturing and engineering. Thanks to unlocked development land, invest in your business on a reputation of excellence.
Locate to Avonmouth Severnside
With a strategic location and immense development area, Avonmouth Severnside is a prime location for businesses thinking big and operating nationally or internationally.