Shortlists revealed for Insider’s South West Property Awards
The shortlist for the 2019 South West Property Awards have been revealed, with a stellar group of businesses and projects making the cut.
Entries into the awards were up, reflecting a buoyant year for developers in particular, and the list of finalists stretches across the region.
This year’s judges were Rebecca Ridge, chair of RIBA Wessex; Ros Trotman, chair of Women in Property South West; Carla Bartholomew, Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers South West chair; Jamie Siggers, Forum for the Built Environment Great Western chair; and Raj Manek, acquisitions director at fast-growing South West business Loungers.
Insider South West deputy editor Gavin Thompson, who chaired the panel, said: “The array of entries was very impressive this year and the judges were pretty tough – there were some strong submissions which didn’t make the shortlist. All those who did should be very proud of their achievement.
“It was particularly pleasing to see the entries from big and small businesses in the property and construction sector and for projects ranging from Penzance to the Wye Valley.”
The South West Property Awards winners will be revealed at a black tie dinner on October 10 at the Bristol City Centre Marriott. Click here for tickets.
The 2019 South West Property Awards finalists
Architectural Practice of the Year
– Sponsored by Halsall Construction
– Nash Partnership
– Stride Treglown
Agency Team of the Year
Commercial Development of the Year
– UK Hydrographic Office, Taunton (UKHO, AHR, Hydrock, Mace, BAM)
– Kresen Kernow, Redruth (Cornwall Council, Arup, Midas, Buro Happold)
– Digital Mansion, Corsham (Wiltshire Council, DKA, Swindon and Wiltshire LEP)
– Electronics and Photonics Innovation Centre (EPIC), Paignton (Torbay Development Agency, Interserve, AHR)
Property Law Firm of the Year
Sponsored by First Title Insurance plc
– Burges Salmon
– Osborne Clarke
Commercial workspace of the Year
– Alliance Homes workplace refurb, Portishead (Interaction)
– Origin Workspace, Bristol (AHR, Studio Cwtch, J4, Hydrock, Fulkers)
– Parmenion office fit out, Bristol (AWW, TFT, Furniture23, Artwork Solutions, Paragon)
– Sci-MX Nutrition. Gloucester (Paramount Office Interiors)
– Womble Bond Dickinson office refurb, Bristol (Claremont Group Interiors)
Construction Firm of the Year
– Halsall Construction
– LV Construction
– Midas Group
– Willmott Dixon
– Access 18, Avonmouth, Bristol (St Modwen, Turley, Roberts Limbrick, Rodgers Leask, Nolan Associates, Cotswold Wildlife Surveys, PJA)
– WestONE, Weston-super-Mare (Landmore Developments, Devon Contractors, Ravenslade, Phil Wade)
– Vertex, Emersons Green, Bristol (Chancerygate, MCS Group, Alder King, Colliers International, BNP Paribas)
– Warmley Business Park, Bristol (Chanerygate, MCS Group, Alder King, Burston Cook)
Consultancy Team of the Year
Sponsored by Paramount Interiors
– Avison Young (planning & regeneration team)
– Box Twenty Consulting Engineers
– Nash Partnership
Property Funding Team of the Year
Sponsored by Sanderson Weatherall
– Blaise Commercial Finance
– Lloyds Banking Group
– South West Business Finance
Property Deal of the Year
Sponsored by Smith & Williamson
– Eagle House letting to Immediate Media, Bristol (Burston Cook)
– Gloucester Business Park letting of bespoke built offices to Ecclesiastical (Arlington, Alder King, Bruton Knowles, Kier)
– Mutley Plain former Barclays Bank letting, Plymouth (Vickery Holman)
– Sovereign Centre sale to L&G/North Somerset Council, Weston-super-Mare (Burges Salmon)
Residential Development of the Year
Sponsored by Close Brothers Property Finance
– Brandon Yard, Bristol (AWW, Acorn Property Group, Speller Metcalfe, Architectural Stone, Matthew Wigan Associates, Harrison Brookes, Arup)
– The Dunes, Perranporth (Stride Treglown, Acorn Blue, Acorn Homes Construction)
– Hawkins and George, Finzels Reach, Bristol (Grainger, Palmer Capital, Cubex, Willmott Dixon)
– Orchard View, Newton St Cyres, Exeter (Kingswood Homes)
– Trewollack, Nansledan, Newquay (Nansledan Consortium – Wainhomes South West, Duchy of Cornwall, CG Fry & Son and Morrish Builders)
– Daffodil Fields, Goldsithney, Penzance (Live West, Taylor Lewis, 3MS, Laurence Associates, MBA)
Property Personality of the Year
Sponsored by Midas
The winner will be revealed on the night
Click here for ticket information.
Locate to Emersons Green
An excellent new enterprise area that provides the environment, space, flexibility and support for science, research and innovation businesses to locate, flourish, grow.
Locate to Filton
A world-class area rich in aerospace technology, manufacturing and engineering. Thanks to unlocked development land, invest in your business on a reputation of excellence.
Locate to Avonmouth Severnside
With a strategic location and immense development area, Avonmouth Severnside is a prime location for businesses thinking big and operating nationally or internationally.