Flood and Ecology
Avonmouth Severnside Enterprise Area (ASEA) Ecology Mitigation and Flood Defence Project
This project is a partnership between South Gloucestershire Council, Bristol City Council and the Environment Agency. It focuses on helping to support the growth of the Avonmouth Severnside Enterprise Area and protecting the existing communities from flooding. The project will help towards unlocking the economic potential of the Enterprise Area and benefit the local community by:
- Managing the risk of flooding to keep pace with climate change and rising sea levels
- Ensuring that sufficient wetland habitat for birds is created to protect the internationally important habitats and species of the Severn Estuary site
Have your say…
Until 8 August 2017 we are asking for feedback on proposals to:
- Improve the flood defences between Avonmouth and Aust
- Create new areas of wetland habitat in the Hallen Marsh and Northwick areas
Find out more. We will be holding two public exhibitions to provide more details:
- Tuesday 4 July 2017, Avonmouth Community Centre, 257 Avonmouth Road, BS11 9EN, 4pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 18 July 2017, Severn Beach Primary School, Ableton Lane, BS35 4PP, 5:30pm – 8pm
Everyone is welcome to drop in to find out more, ask questions and make comments.
Our latest newsletter provides an overview of the proposals and details of these events. Please click here.
The information we are sharing with members of the public, local groups and partners at the public exhibitions is intended to ensure that everyone is aware of the project and understands the extent of the works for which we will soon be applying for planning permission.
The information that will be available at the exhibitions can also be accessed below. The PDF documents are best viewed online allowing you to zoom in. If you need to print them off, they work best at A3 size.
- View the display boards from our public exhibitions
- View indicative artist’s impressions and cross sections of the flood defence proposals
- View our proposals using our interactive mapper (it may take a moment to load)
- View a 3D animation of parts of the flood defence proposals:
- Submit your comments using our feedback form (Word) or print out a PDF version
How to submit your comments
Parts of our proposals are already fixed because they reflect decisions made in previous studies or in discussions with partners. This includes the location, height and type of flood defences and the amount of new habitat. However, we would like to hear comments on the detail of the proposals and your suggestions for how the proposals could be improved.
You can send us your comments by:
- Sending us an email – ASEA@environment-agency.gov.uk
- Filling in a feedback form at one of our public exhibitions and handing it to one of our team.
- Downloading a feedback form above and emailing this to us ASEA@environment-agency.gov.uk or posting it to us at ASEA Project, NCPMS – 4th Floor, Horizon House, Deanery Road, BRISTOL, BS1 5AH.
Please ensure all your comments reach us by Tuesday 8 August 2017.
Your comments on the scheme are important to us and, along with our ongoing technical work and assessments, will be used to help refine our proposals, prior to submitting our planning application.
We will document all the feedback we receive in a report which we will make available on our website.
We may be required to publish your comments with personal details deleted. Where comments are made on behalf of an organisation we may publish the name of the organisation, but will not include any personal information.
Please click here for a full list of FAQs and other background information on this project.
Stay up to date with the latest news and events:
Get reminders for the public exhibitions and other updates on this project by signing up to our Environment Agency – Wessex Facebook page.
With a strategic location and immense development area, Avonmouth Severnside is a prime location for businesses thinking big and operating nationally or internationally
Locate to Filton
A world-class area rich in aerospace technology, manufacturing and engineering. Thanks to unlocked development land, invest in your business on a reputation of excellence
Locate to Emersons Green
An excellent new enterprise area that provides the environment, space, flexibility and support for science, research and innovation businesses to locate, flourish, grow