The Economy and Skills Strategic Partnership (ESSP) is made up of partners from a range of disciplines to ensure a coordinated approach to supporting sustainable economic development in South Gloucestershire. Following South Gloucestershire Council’s decision to move to a cabinet model of governance in May 2017 it was deemed that the work of the ESSP warranted closer involvement by the South Gloucestershire Local Strategic Partnership (SGP). The SGP is the lead body which develops the long-term strategic vision (the Sustainable Community Strategy) for the area and is a multi-agency group made up of public, private, voluntary, community and social enterprise partner organisations.
The Economic Development Plan, the Skills Employability Plan and the Education Plan which underpin the Economy and Skills Strategy developed by the ESSP all remain in place and will be regularly monitored by the SGP. Partner organisations will continue to work together on these specific themes and ensure that actions are consistent with the South Gloucestershire Sustainable Community Strategy, the WoE LEP Enterprise Partnership Strategic Economic Plan and the wider national economic agenda.
As part of its vision the South Gloucestershire Local Strategic Partnership (SGP) has set out priorities for maintaining and developing Our Economy within its Sustainable Community Strategy ‘South Gloucestershire 2036 – a great place to live and work’. The vision for our Economy is for all in South Gloucestershire to access first-class education and prosper through a balanced economy, a well-trained workforce and sustainable jobs.
- Support local business growth – To improve productivity and competitiveness
- Support major businesses to stay in the area – To safeguard and increase jobs in key sectors
- Help new businesses to form – To increase the number, survival and growth rates of starter and small enterprises
- Promote South Gloucestershire to inward investors – To generate new job opportunities for South Gloucestershire residents
- Improve training, skills and workforce development – To raise aspirations and skill levels through our education and training providers; involving local employers to ensure their workforce needs are met
- Share the benefits of economic growth – To ensure that all parts of South Gloucestershire and all groups share the benefits of economic development
- Improve education in our schools – To improve standards so young people realise their ambitions and are well prepared for the future
Locate to Avonmouth Severnside
With a strategic location and immense development area, Avonmouth Severnside is a prime location for businesses thinking big and operating nationally or internationally.
Locate to Filton
A world-class area rich in aerospace technology, manufacturing and engineering. Thanks to unlocked development land, invest in your business on a reputation of excellence.
Locate to Emersons Green
An excellent new enterprise area that provides the environment, space, flexibility and support for science, research and innovation businesses to locate, flourish, grow.